Hong Kong Charitable Foundations
Global Philanthropic Hong Kong offers a comprehensive and cost effective service for international institutions and individuals wishing to establish and manage Hong Kong charitable foundations.
Hong Kong charitable foundations are a powerful way to catalyse Asian giving and a highly effective fundraising tool. In addition to providing tax advantages for both donor and recipient, establishing a foundation sends a clear signal to Asian donors, alumni and supporters that your institution is committed to the region for the long term.
Section 88 of the Hong Kong tax code – Charitable Trusts and Institutions of a Public Character – allows a foreign institution to raise funds, accept grants, donations, bequests and gifts of all kinds from any person, corporation, foundation or institution. No tax is paid by the Foundation subject to the annual filing of appropriate paperwork (managed by GP).
- Allows institutions to collect funds from alumni and donors across Asia within their home region.
- Enables alumni and donors based in Hong Kong to receive tax deductions for their donations to institutions.
- Simplifies receipt of donations from mainland Chinese as many maintain Hong Kong dollar accounts.
- Fosters local connections as institutions can demonstrate its commitment to the Asia region.
- Deepens engagement as local foundations offer opportunities to participate for suitable alumni and donors.
- Offer institutions straightforward access to monies as there are no restrictions on the movement of currency from Hong Kong to other countries.
Scope of Services
- Complete set up, including managing all governmental requirements, of the foundation.
- Collection of donations in cash, bank transfer or credit card.
- Donation information and reporting
- Foundation audit management.
- Use of GP Hong Kong office when visiting Hong Kong.
- Advice on timing of visits to Hong Kong of senior leadership
Why Choose Global Philanthropic?
- Global Philanthropic is the only full service worldwide strategic fundraising and philanthropy firm with offices in Hong Kong.
- Global Philanthropic’s dedicated Hong Kong staff provides comprehensive support on the ground.
- Global Philanthropic provides the most competitively priced full service Foundation management offering in Hong Kong.
- A proven track record in establishing foundations.
Existing foundation clients
Some of our clients over the past decade include:
- St. Andrews University
- University of California
- University of Sussex
- University of Sydney
- Royal Kew Gardens Foundation